Voting

Saturday, October 31, 2009

D.... Give me an A! What does that spell....Dash & Albert!

Okay... when I started this blog I thought... "I am busy, so a goal of 2-3 posts per week would be good". But, I am addicted. My topic of the day rugs. I am self admitted rug snob. One of the toughest days of my marriage was when my husband was playing with the dog while drinking red wine and knocked the entire glass onto our predominantly ivory hooked rug! Luckily- I was able to save it (Bonus Tip: Pour white wine on red wine to get the stain out.) But, there was some ... "What is wrong with you? Do you not value our home? Is there a brain in that head? What are you going to do about it? Just get out of my way!"

Well.... when my sister and brother-in-law bought their amazing condo in Cambridge... they solicited by design help; my sister thinks she is design challenged. Kelly, you might be... but I still LOVE you! My first tip to her (having made the mistake myself) ... was START WITH THE RUG.
You can then pick wall color, furniture and what not to compliment the rug. It is MUCH harder if you get other items first and then try to find a rug that works. Trust me. When trying to find a rug for my sister's place. I found this AMAZING site: dashandalbert.com. Their rugs are incredible. I want them all; particularly this one or this one. I have total rug envy... I wonder if they will take a trade one PB rug for one Dash and Albert.... probably not.


This is the one (left) that now graces my sister's living room. Classic and warm....traditional, but not too shabby chic. Paired with perfect bluish silver wall color and chocolate brown sofa and chair. I bought her the most perfect coffee table and end tables at Brimfield Antique Market. Both fit the smaller space well and are ivory antiqued with some chocolate brown to tie it all together. (I will do a future post on her place some day so you can see my work! :) She also got this one (right) for her dining room... which you can see from the living room so they play off each other well.

This also shows that they are not all flowers. I am a flowers gal, but they do have other options, like this zig zag one if you are not!


Happy Decorating and Happy Halloween. Until Next Time....xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment