Voting

Sunday, November 15, 2009

ABC 123....

Right now, I am loving all things letters and numbers. I pick up Better Homes and Gardens Do-It-Yourself magazine from time to time and they had a project in there not too long ago that I fell in love with and want to use in my kitchen. (See photo left: If you look closely can see chipboard letters but monochromatic on chair.) I am saving to upgrade my kitchen floor and countertops, and my husband will be building me a breakfast nook/banquette. I want to use this treatment (from said magazine) for the chairs of my banquette. I love a good theme... so I can imagine using type and numbers on pillows, artwork, even maybe a trivet made of letterpress letters. You could take this theme anywhere! Here are some of my favorite items!


You could do all sorts of things with letterpress letters (regularly available at Flea Markets or on Ebay. There is an artist on Etsy that has lovely photos of letterpress sets. Check it out at: http://www.etsy.com/shop/thetypejunkie

I have old enamel/metal sign letters in our family room (similiar to ETC photo) .... three large blue ones... that spell the word RED. This always confuses guests, but I love it.






You can find dishes, towels, mugs, hooks, and even rugs with letters or numbers! Count and spell to your hearts A quick google search or search on ETSY and you will find plentiful options!

Happy Spelling and Counting! Until Next Time....xoxo









No comments:

Post a Comment