Voting

Thursday, November 19, 2009

C is for Cocktails... of course!


Cocktail anyone? It is Thirsty Thursday and I have had quite a busy week. At the end (well almost) of a crazy week, I love a good cocktail... I have to admit. I am not a beer gal and do enjoy a good glass of wine, but really cocktails is where my love lies. Martini is my drink of choice (when done right), gin and tonic is my standby cocktail (when I don't want to think about it), and mojitos are what could really get me in trouble. Am I the only person that thinks they just don't taste like booze! Amazing!

The husband and I took a road trip at the end of the summer to Savannah and Charleston... we ate and drank our way through both cities. On that trip I was introduced to Firefly Vodka. Apparently you can get it here in Boston, but I had never heard of it. I had several different drinks down south made with this tasty vodka and rushed out to the "ABC" (that is what the call the packie store down there) to get me some. You can mix it with a good quality lemonade and you have yourself an Arnold Palmer with a extra treat. Also, mix one part Firefly with the juice of half a lemon and some club soda. Delicious!

I found some tasty looking Firefly Recipes here: http://www.barnonedrinks.com/drinks/by_ingredient/f/firefly-sweet-tea-vodka-9202.html

I have only tried the Original Firefly Vodka, but they also have a raspberry, lemon, and mint version. For more information on this Wadmalaw Island, South Carolina Product, check out their website: http://www.fireflyvodka.com/

Pour yourself a tall one or two or three... and enjoy. Cheers!

Until Next time..xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment