- 2 Cups fresh butternut squash, diced into 1/2 inch cubes (I cheat and buy the already cubed squash)
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Lawry’s garlic salt with parsley
- 1 Tablespoon butter 12 oz bag Arborio rice
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 4 Cups chicken broth
- 1/2 Cup fresh grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1/4 Cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 thin slices prosciutto, julienned for garnish
- 2 handfuls of toasted pinenuts (this is my addition from standard recipe). (The salad had pinenuts in it and it made me realize how good they would be in the risotto! Even took some of them out of my salad and added to risotto!)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place squash, olive oil, salt and garlic salt into a large bowl; toss to combine and pour onto a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake for 30-40 minutes.
2. In the meantime, melt butter in a large saucepan or skillet over medium heat. Stir in rice and onion; cook and stir for 5 minutes, until onions are softened. Stir in garlic for 1 minute. Stir in ½ Cup of chicken broth, stirring constantly. As the broth gets soaked up, stir in another ½ Cup until broth, continuing this process until broth is used up and rice is cooked. Then stir in Parmesan cheese, chicken and parsley.Stir in butternut squash right before serving.
3. Garnish each bowl with a pinch of prosciutto and a sprig of parsley if desired.
You will "heart" risotto too! Until Next Time.....xoxo