Voting

Friday, January 22, 2010

PCS......Pulled Chicken Sandwiches!















Okay.... these sandwiches courtesy of recipezaar are yummy and are the perfect thing to make if entertaining a large group (and when too cold to BBQ outside). I made these for my sister and brother-in-law a month or so ago and they were a hit. I have a variety of friends who don't eat pork.... so need more chicken than pork recipes! This is another crockpot recipe. I heart my crockpot!

(If your crock pot is large enough, this easily doubles and the leftovers can be frozen.)

Ingredients

SAUCE

Directions

  1. 1
    Cut the onion in half and slice into thin half rings. Line the bottom of the crock pot with the onions.
  2. 2
    Trim the chicken breasts and place on top of the bed of onions.
  3. 3
    Mix all of the sauce ingredients together and pour on top of the chicken covering completely. (I make the sauce the night before so that it is a simple dump and run in the morning.)
  4. 4
    Cook for 6 hours on low setting. The sauce thickens and turns into a dark rich brown during cooking. At the same time the onions dissolve into the sauce.
  5. 5
    When the chicken is falling apart tender, take two forks and shred the chicken.
  6. 6
    Serve on top of split buns. I like mine toasted so they hold up better to the weight of the shredded chicken.
  7. 7
    Suggested sides include baked beans, corn on the cob, coleslaw or cucumber salad.
My footnote: I would suggest taking the sauce from crockpot and serving in gravy boat so folks can add to the sandwich as they like (soggy or not soggy)

Enjoy! Until Next Time....xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment