Voting

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

B is for Bananas!

I am absoutely bananas for Mrs. Wilkes Banana Pudding.  If you read my blog last week... you will remember that I talked about Mrs. Wilkes Boarding House in my Savannah post.  I am still full just thinking about that meal.  Even though at the end of that experience you think you have no room for anything more- they bring out banana pudding.  I could eat an entire HUGE bowl of that pudding and was thrilled to find the recipe online.  I have not yet made it, but can assure you that I will.... very soon!   (Photo courtesy via Wenatchee World)


I found the recipe on Epicurious!  It is SUPER easy!

Ingredients
  • 1 (6-ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
  • 1 (7 1/4-ounce) box vanilla wafers
  • 4 bananas, sliced
  • Meringue

Preparation
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Make the pudding according to the directions on the box. Arrange the wafers, sliced bananas, and pudding in layers in a 2-quart casserole, ending with a layer of pudding on top. This will make 3 layers. Spread the meringue gently over the top. Bake for 15 minutes (if you do meringue).    Too lazy to make Meringue.  Just throw on some whipped cream.  That is what they do mostly at Mrs. Wilke's anyways! :)  Refrigerate for a few hours (or overnight) so it all melds together and the cookies soften.  

Serve in large trifle dish or small martini glasses or bowls.

Have I mentioned how good this is???  My mouth is watering just thinking about it!  If only I were still in Savannah and not back to the real world...and ... it is only Tuesday!  Ugh!

B-A-N-A-N-A-S!  Until next time....xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment