I love my finished ABC Wall, but will say that this was not a easy or quick project. I have been collecting letters for at least 4 months. I wanted "found" letters rather than buying all new letters. The main reason for this is that I wanted letters of different shapes, sizes, materials and styles. I focused more on letters I liked and less on color. Since my nursery is "shabby chic" in nature.... I knew I could or would paint letters to fit color theme. I became a mad women in search of letters and even the husband got into it. I bought letters at Brimfield, Restoration Hardware Baby, Hobby Lobby, Christmas Tree Shops, on Etsy and at other random stores. I found some great ones when I went to Savannah at this store called the Paris Market. In all, some letters were cheap ($2) and a few were a splurge ($15). You will see a few duplicates, but I tried to find a real variety!
Once I had all my letters and saw the color range I planned a paint scheme. I loved the color of the letters they way they were, but not for a nursery. So, I decided I wanted the letters to be all different shades of white. With the help of my mom, the non-white and non-cream letters were painted various shades of white. Some were given a pink undercoat first so I could sand them and give then that distressed look. Once painted, the husband and I then planned out how we wanted to hang them on the wall trying a few different arrangements but going with this!
Hanging them was also not an easy task. There were some tense moments with the husband. I still need to tweak and straighten a few. I want to get a new "J" as I don't like that it is the same style as the B and W and sits to close to the B and W! I also need to get some poster putty or velcro to "help" a few stay straight. I love the outcome so it was worth the effort!
I will debut the full nursery very soon. Thanks for your patience! Until next time....xoxo
PS- Today is the final day to enter my giveaway! Enter here.