Voting

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A.B.C... Wall! Part Two.

Okay, so yesterday I unveiled my inspiration images for the ABC Wall I have been working on for our baby's room!  Today, I am ready to share.... the wall at least.  You will have to wait for a full nursery unveiling!  I have hinted at some of my nursery decor here and shared my nursery closet makeover here.   I also shared my crib bedding here

I love my finished ABC Wall, but will say that this was not a easy or quick project.  I have been collecting letters for at least 4 months.  I wanted "found" letters rather than buying all new letters.  The main reason for this is that I wanted letters of different shapes, sizes, materials and styles.  I focused more on letters I liked and less on color.  Since my nursery is "shabby chic" in nature.... I knew I could or would paint letters to fit color theme.  I became a mad women in search of letters and even the husband got into it.    I bought letters at  Brimfield, Restoration Hardware Baby, Hobby Lobby, Christmas Tree Shops, on Etsy and at other random stores.   I found some great ones when I went to Savannah at this store called the Paris Market.     In all, some letters were cheap ($2) and a few were a splurge ($15).  You will see a few duplicates, but I tried to find a real variety!



Once I had all my letters and saw the color range I planned a paint scheme.  I loved the color of the letters they way they were, but not for a nursery.  So,  I decided I wanted the letters to be all different shades of white.  With the help of my mom, the non-white and non-cream letters were painted various shades of white.  Some were given a pink undercoat first so I could sand them and give then that distressed look.   Once painted, the husband and I then planned out how we wanted to hang them on the wall trying a few different arrangements but going with this!


Hanging them was also not an easy task.  There were some tense moments with the husband.  I still need to tweak and straighten a few.   I want to get a new "J" as I don't like that it is the same style as the B and W and sits to close to the B and W!   I also need to get some poster putty or velcro to "help" a few stay straight.  I love the outcome so it was worth the effort!



I will debut the full nursery very soon.  Thanks for your patience!  Until next time....xoxo

PS- Today is the final day to enter my giveaway!  Enter here.

2 comments:

  1. that looks great! perfect execution of the inspiration. really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fantastic! I love the soft colors--so classic looking.

    (Glad I was able to inspire you. My wall is the last one you pictured. :)

    ReplyDelete