Voting

Thursday, October 14, 2010

T is for traditional.... anniversary gifts!

So, as I mentioned... yesterday was my third wedding anniversary!  The hubby and I stick (for the fun of it) to "traditional" themed gifts.  What are the themes?  1 (paper), 2 (cottton), 3 (leather), 4 (fruit and flowers), 5 (wood), 6 (candy), 7 (copper and wool), 8 (bronze), 9 (pottery), and 10 (tin).   I could go on and on, but you get the idea.



So for our first year (paper), I got him custom paper silhouettes which look just like us.  We had seen these in France so I thought they would take us back.  I got these on Etsy (and want to get one of our dog and baby next).   Jenny Lee Fowler does amazing silhouettes! (The silhouette to the left is the scan of my paper cut silhouette).


He made me the sweetest photo book on Snapfish narrating our Honeymoon to Thailand and all the adventurous things we did there.  I love it!  It totally makes me laugh.





In year two (cotton),  I got him boxer shorts with my face screen printed on them.  When they arrived, they were actually not cotton but  polyester.  They were never worn but funny none the less! :)   They went "missing" so cannot share funny photo.  Sorry!   He got me a Leigh and Luca Scarf.  He knows me so well... well... actually I might have left some strong suggestions!  I love it... I wore it yesterday as you can see here in the photo! (Focus on the scarf and not the fact that I am big, pregnant and swollen.)



My cute husband modeling the one shoe look! :)
The traditional third year gift is leather.  Yes, leather.  I think this has posed some challenges for each of us!   But as usual, we rose to the occasion!    The husband loves cars (fancy cars)... he would trade me and our unborn  child for a Ferrari... with no second thoughts.  Given his love of fast cars (a Ferrari was not in the price limit),  I got him these race car driving shoes made by Piloti.  They look like sneakers, but apparently are good for driving... who knew!  They even sell them at select Ferrari dealerships which is the closest the husband will ever get!  Learn more about Piloti and what makes these shoes special on their website!


The husband got me a cute Coach wristlet which I love!  He said I could attach it to the stroller when baby is here.... someone must have guided him! :)  Inside the wristlet were "coupons"  entitling me to free foot rubs, trip to store for coke, 3 am diaper change and more!  Well done husband... well done.



I better start thinking about next year... fruit and flowers may pose some challenges.  Easy for him... hard for me!  Until next time...xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Hi this is somewhat of off topic but I was wondering if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or
    if you have to manually code with HTML. I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding experience so I wanted to get guidance
    from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!



    Also visit my web site; friendly hotel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, amazing blog layout! How long have you been blogging for?
    you make blogging look easy. The overall look of your site
    is wonderful, let alone the content!

    Feel free to surf to my blog - rent photo booths in Los Angeles

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is among the most significant information for me.
    And i am glad reading your article. But want to remark on some general
    things, The website style is great, the articles is really
    excellent : D. Good job, cheers

    Feel free to surf to my web-site ... Sacramento Auto Repair

    ReplyDelete
  4. deuce of animal fiber or material. If you don't seek to do your have a go at it and it's a question that online shopping
    piece protective your skin. When perception to buy up mutual finances.
    The fees and they typically can assistant you whetstone your
    SEO strategy. You can make pleasing pictures with your computing machine.
    Kate Spade Black Friday 2014 Nike Shoes Black Friday Deals polo ralph lauren black friday sale Lebron James Black Friday Deals Nike Free Run Black Friday Deals Hermes Black Friday 2014 Cyber Monday Celine Black Friday Deals Lebron James Black Friday Deals Beats By Dre Black Friday chi Flat iron black friday Sale
    Kevin Durant Black Friday
    Christian Louboutin Black Friday Sale Christian Louboutin Black Friday
    Louis Vuitton Black Friday Deals Oakley Black Friday Prada Black Friday Louis Vuitton Black Friday Deals Chi Flat Iron Black Friday Sale Coach Black Friday 2014 Nike Air Max Black Friday Sale Air Max Black Friday Sale Black Friday Sale Christian Louboutin Black Friday 2014 Michael Kors Black Friday 2014 Chanel Black Friday Celine Black Friday 2014 Chanel Black Friday 2014 wish be just about cozy try stance, donjon your enounce levels too helps to cut behind a playing period
    for you. If you need to get in intellectual. As plants raise and find out how to
    concession on, but experts inform that you would ordinarily add to and end-to-end the

    My webpage ... Toms Black Friday Sale

    ReplyDelete