Voting

Monday, January 24, 2011

K is for Keratin!

Sorry I missed posting on Friday.  Avery would not allow it.   Speaking of the baby, my hair has looked like crap since I had her.  I have hair that needs to be maintained.... blow dried and I have been able to dry my hair all of 3 times.  My hair at this very moment is wavy and frizzy and puffy and out of control!  I am majorly craving soft and smooth hair!  How can I make this happen?  With a Keratin treatment of course!

About a year and a half or so ago I got the Coppola Complex Keratin Smoothing treatment done to my hair.  It was a splurge at $300 but worth EVERY single penny.  What is this you ask?  It is a salon treatment that infuses keratin into your hair.  In addition to being pricey it takes some time as it involves a full blow dry and flat ironing of your hair.  Additionally, you cannot wash your hair or tuck it behind your ear or put it in a ponytail for three full days.  Yes, that is hard.... but again the results make it all worth it!   IF you avoid washing your hair EVERY singleday (try every other day) the results will last months and months.  It also requires that you purchase a sulfate free shampoo.  I use Pureology and love love love it!   After this treatment my hair was frizz free and smooth and shiny.  It also cut my blow drying time in half making my hair so much lower maintenance.  It was AWESOME!   I was so bummed that I did not get this done right before I got pregnant!  (As you should avoid doing this when with child!)

I am counting down the days until I can do this again.  I am thinking in another month or so before I return to work.  There are a variety of different Keratin treatments out there but I can only speak to the Coppola one.



You definitely should do your homework to make sure this is right for you.  But, if you want to find some more information or locate a salon near you, check out their website.

Until next time....xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment