Voting

Friday, January 28, 2011

P is for Packet... Chicken Packets!

Since on maternity leave, I have felt that I need to accomplish one thing each day that is semi-creative in order to maintain my sanity.  Now, I have VERY little time and must be practical in my creative endeavor.  So, creative and practical (we have to eat) has focused on cooking.  I mean really easy cooking.  I have been digging deep in my search for recipes.  What types of things do I want to cook these days?  I want easy recipes that take like 15 minutes to put together that I can make with one hand if I need to! :)    

This recipe for "Chicken Packets" qualified.  I remembered seeing a recipe for Chicken Packets somewhere and googled around settling on this one from the blog Kevin and Amanda.  I know I know I do need to take better photos, but hey I am a busy mom! :)

 Ingredients:
2 cups cooked, chopped chicken (I bought a rotisserie chicken)
1 (3 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp milk
2 pkgs refrigerated crescent rolls
2 tbsp butter, melted (I just used Pam Spray for timesake)
1/3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs

What to do:

Preheat oven to 350. Spray rectangular baking sheet with Pam. Mix chicken, cream cheese, and milk a large bowl. Unroll crescent rolls. Each tube will contain 4 rectangles of dough with a diagonal perforation. Press along diagonal perforation to seal together. Spoon chicken mixture into the center of 4 rectangles. Place the other 4 rectangles over the filling and pinch the edges together of seal tightly. Brush each packet with melted butter and coat with breadcrumbs. Bake at 350 for 20-25 mins or until golden brown. Makes 4 packets.







I served the "packet" with a salad.  I had planned to make some broccoli too, but ran out of time and energy!   The husband scored this meal "a solid 7".  It was super easy.  It is probably not great for you, but is a great meal in a pinch and I imagine would be a hit with kids.  You can make this your own adding other things to the "packet" if you chose too.  I can envision making it more elegant (feta, sun dried tomatoes, spinach) or adding some veggies to it (maybe broccoli inside).   The options are endless.



As I have said in the past, I am not really one who cooks or who has focused on food on this blog, but  that may change over the next few months.  I have a few other recipes up my sleeve.  Thanks to Kevin and Amanda for this one!  (You can print out a handy recipe card on Kevin and Amanda blog.)  Until next time...xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment