Voting

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I is for Inspiration...

I love this feature wall.  Usually I am not into feature walls, but in this case... LOVE IT!  I stumbled across this photo in Better Homes and Gardens magazine.  I could not find this photo on their website so sorry for my bad photo taken of the magazine page.


As you know, I did a Board and Batten project in my master bedroom.  I have gotten lots of compliments on it!  I like a project that adds character to a house!  I have also admired exposed board walls like the one Miss Mustard Seed created.  Unfortunately, the exposed board look does not really go with the style of our house which has a lot of molding, wainscotting, etc.   I think it is a little too casual for our home.  If we had a cape or bungalow it would be great, but our Royal Barry Wills colonial calls for something else.

I have this idea saved in the back of my mind if we ever finish our attic or perhaps for Avery's room when she gets older! :)  You cannot really see the detail in the picture, but the squares are all backed with beadboard that go in opposite directions on the diagonal to create a herringbone type look.  It is classic yet with a twist!

What inspires you these days?  Until next time...xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment