Voting

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

B... is for Build!

So, luckily looking at the fixer upper a few weeks ago did not pan out! :)  I have said I would only move if I could build my own house (or totally gut and old house and essentially re-build the inside).  I have no desire to ever move, but the only thing that could make me do it is if I could make everything EXACTLY as I want it.  I am very decisive and I know what I want.  I have a few friends who are building houses.... exciting!

IF we were to build- it would have to be in a neighborhood where you can pick our exterior house style.  I am not a fan of the neighborhoods where all the houses are the exact same.... color, etc.  Variety is the spice of life! :)  There are so many options to choose from.   I like houses that look steeped in tradition.

I am open to a variety of different styles, but a front porch (or wrap around porch) would be a must have.   

These would all "do"! :)


Federal Farm House

Farm House
Craftsman
Victorian



Greek Revival






A smart woman recently told me that if I were to build my own house (or gut) make sure my "wish list" is long.....very long!  I have a good list going.  I will share more of it with you at a future date.  But for now,  I will dream of sipping a cocktail on my front porch!  Until next time...xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment