Voting

Monday, September 12, 2011

M... is for Mustard Monday!

So, I am taking a brief break from Meatless Monday as I need to get re-inspired.  In the meantime I thought I would embark on another "theme".   Let's call this "Mustard Monday" as I take on the Great Mustard Challenge!   This challenge came out of a recent activity.  Last weekend I cleaned out the fridge... like really cleaned it out.  I took everything out and scrubbed all the shelves.  I organized the items and put things back in a neat and organized fashion.  In doing all this I realized that I had 9... yes, NINE jars/bottles of mustard.  Mostly all different kinds (although a few of the same)... dijon, honey mustard, yellow, golden, German, etc.  You name it... I have it!  So, we need to use up some of this mustard so I am going to focus on recipes that use mustard, hence the Great Mustard Challenge!  


This week I bring you Curried Honey Mustard Chicken

Ingredients

  • 1/3 cup butter, melted
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup Dijon-style prepared mustard
  • 4 teaspoons curry powder
  • 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts

Directions

  1. In a medium bowl combine the melted butter/margarine, honey, mustard, curry powder and cayenne powder. Mix well. Place chicken breasts in a 9x13 inch baking dish and pour honey/mustard mixture over chicken. Cover and place in refrigerator. Marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
  2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  3. Remove dish from refrigerator and bake, covered, in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove cover and bake about 10 minutes more, or until done and juices run clear (baking time will depend a little on how thick your chicken breasts are).
  

We "made" it the night before and let it marinate overnight.   This resulted in very moist flavorful chicken!  Yummy.  This dish feels kind of "Indian"... curry.  I would suggest serving it with rice and a green salad.  If you have some good bread, you will do a lot of dipping into the yummy sauce!


Until next time... xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment