Voting

Monday, January 9, 2012

Y.. Yes! I am still here!

Okay, I know.  It has been a zillion years since I last posted.  All I can say is that it has been crazy-town here with work, the holidays, Avery's first birthday, etc!  I promise to get back in the swing of things ASAP and share some great posts.

In the meantime, I thought I would share a bit of Avery's birthday.  I promised myself I would not make myself insane with too many DIY ideas.  But,  I had to have at least one crafty project or it just would not be me! :)  So, I decided to make cupcake toppers.    I made simple cupcakes ... a recipe from my Aunt Betty.... Betty Crocker that is.  I had perused etsy for cute ideas but whenever I saw cute topper options, I knew I could make em'.  So, I bought myself three different decorative punches.  One round one (1.5 inch) which I used to punch out Avery's face from a photo I picked and copied.  The second punch was a 2 inch flower which I used to punch decorative and colorful papers.  Once I had the cute flowers, I mounted her "punched out" face onto them.  Finally, I bought a party hat punch and once again used cute decorative paper.  I glued the party hats onto her head and added a stick so that I could indeed put them into cupcakes.



I am pretty happy with how they came out! :)  I cannot believe it has been a year.  Well, actually today marks 13 months!  I still have to order prints so I can finish my 12 month frame photo.   I thought about keeping going on the month to month, but decided this is the end of this "project".  Now that she is a little girl, she does not want to sit for these photos and real life shots do a better job of capturing who she really  is.   I do love looking at the changes she has made each month from a tiny thing to a walking, talking little girl.  This year has been the fastest of my life... the busiest of my life... and the happiest of my life.

  









 I am one lucky girl! :)  Until next time...xoxo
    

1 comment:

  1. :) I was about to give a shout out to your mom!
    Glad you're back and all is well. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete