Voting

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

P... Playhouse!

Okay... the backyard project continues and I recently (well the husband- under my direction) recently tackled a new addition to the space.  Avery loves playhouses.  The park we frequent has a little cabin and Avery absolutely adores it.  Of course, I realized that she needed a playhouse of her own!  I would love to build her a playhouse, but at this time that was not an option.

I immediately hit the web to buy a playhouse for her.  I was shocked to find that these plastic dream homes cost on average $300-$400 dollars.  For plastic... seriously?  And in truth ... they are pretty ugly.  Clearly buying a new one was out of the question, so I hit Craigslist.    I searched for several weeks before finding one that looked in decent shape (no cracks) it was listed for $100 and included a  Cozy Coupe Car too.  The selling factor was that it was one town over and he would deliver it to our home if we bought it.  Perfect!

So, of course we bought this lovely thing!  These things last forever, but seem to fade easily.  Not to mention that the original color scheme is just not nice.  I had big plans for this house!



I had big plans for this house!   A few cans of plastic specific spray paint later....it is cute enough to gain acceptance into our backyard plan. 


What do you think?  Cute right?   Avery loves this little house and its recent makeover.   I should hopefully have some other yard updates soon.  We have made some recent progress and are bringing in the new guns (professionals) in the next few weeks.  Finally!  

Until next time....xoxo

6 comments:

  1. fantastic make over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I am about to repaint a little tikes house as well, can you recommend a paint brand? I have been trying to find the brand rustoleum?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thinking about painting my daughters plastic playhouse. How has the paint held up since you did it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just bought the exact same model, although significantly more faded, at a garage sale for $35. Did you do anything special before painting it? And which brand of paint did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What brand paint did you use? Did you prime first? And how well has it held up?

    ReplyDelete