
Okay.... whether we want to believe it or not... the holiday season is here. The husband and I typically go and buy our tree at the local ice cream joint turned tree lot, but this year he wanted to take me into the scary wilderness. I mean... cut down our own tree. This sounded like a lot of unnecessary work to me- but marriage is about compromise right? So, we are venturing with my sister and her husband (much more rugged than me) into the woods, I mean tree farm to cut down our own tree. I wanted to share some holiday inspirations....
I am a self professed holiday decorating snob. I think your holiday decorations should continue the "look" of your style and home. If you are not tacky year round... why bring out all the velvet santas and glittery snow-men at the holidays? Also, I like my tree to match the room it is in. Our family room where the tree goes has blue walls with a beige couch and sage green accents. To coordintate, my tree is blue and silver... that is it. I like it to look cohesive and pretty! Christmas does not have to be just red and green! If you room is white- add aqua. (see below) If you are shabby chic- keep it to pink and silver. Nothing is classier than a monochromatic gold scheme (or silver).
My true holiday decorating secret is that I buy all my holiday decor at Homegoods after Christmas when it is on super sale. I typically stick to metal or wood items; trees, stars, sleighs, and deer and then I spray paint everything (mostly white but except a few black items for the living room). I will share some photos once I have my house decorated! I am kind of a addicted to spray paint. It does amazing things!
My favorite site for inspiration is Country Living (many of these photos below are from their site).
But, a quick google search will share some other photos of fancy. (I am DEFINITELY doing the pinecone tree below. Gotta collect me some pinecones!)
Gorgeous!

Classy!

Love a good theme... ties it all together!

Simple!

Monochromatic Beauty!

Retro!

Creative and Classic Mantel!

I am so doing this! Brillant!

Pink, Green and Silver....simplicity!



.jpg)
Colored lights vs white light? What's your thoughts?
ReplyDeleteKatie