
Wow, it is almost 2010. Scary.
Well, to ring in the new year appropriately .... you need a killer cocktail! Given that it is so cold outside... I had brandy on the brain!
My cocktail suggestion to say good bye to 2009 is a Brandy Alexander! Although it is one of my favorite libations, I have not had it in a while! A few New Year's ago... I kind of over did it with the Brandy Alexanders. Warning: They are delicious and can lead to heavy intoxication!
Here is the recipe:
2 ounces brandy
1/2 ounce dark crème de cacao
1/2 ounce heavy cream or half-and-half
Nutmeg
Preparation: Combine brandy, crème de cacao, and cream in a mixing glass with ice and shake vigorously. Strain into a 6-ounce cocktail glass and sprinkle nutmeg over top, to taste.
Make yourselfe one... or two .... or three! It is especially perfect as a dessert beverage as it is sweet! It tastes very holiday so what better time of year to drink it!
Happy New Year! Until Next Time....xoxo
Well, to ring in the new year appropriately .... you need a killer cocktail! Given that it is so cold outside... I had brandy on the brain!
My cocktail suggestion to say good bye to 2009 is a Brandy Alexander! Although it is one of my favorite libations, I have not had it in a while! A few New Year's ago... I kind of over did it with the Brandy Alexanders. Warning: They are delicious and can lead to heavy intoxication!
Here is the recipe:
2 ounces brandy
1/2 ounce dark crème de cacao
1/2 ounce heavy cream or half-and-half
Nutmeg
Preparation: Combine brandy, crème de cacao, and cream in a mixing glass with ice and shake vigorously. Strain into a 6-ounce cocktail glass and sprinkle nutmeg over top, to taste.
Make yourselfe one... or two .... or three! It is especially perfect as a dessert beverage as it is sweet! It tastes very holiday so what better time of year to drink it!
Happy New Year! Until Next Time....xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment