Voting

Monday, January 25, 2010

S...... Shelves! Make it pretty!

So, I have a design dilemma. My husband built me this huge bookcase in our living room. Did I mention it is big? HUGE! It is both tall and wide. I have yet to figure out how to accessorize it appropriately.

Now, let me say that the husband works in finance not woodworking.... so although beautiful, there are a few issues. The main one being that the shelves are very wide with no support in the middle, so if you put anything too too heavy on them then kind of sink in the middle. So, I need to be purposeful and conscience of this when I accessorize this massive shelving structure.

I am lost on where to begin with the bookshelf. It is now filled with random stuff .... wine, books, photos, etc. I need a strategy. Here are some lovely shelves that I am looking to for inspiration. When I have solved my issue I will share with you. For now, I am in planning phase.

What to do? What to do?



Maybe this?

Or.... this?
Oooh....
Ahhhh....
This might be my favorite.
Love letters.... :)
Old books... love it!
I actually have something like this going in my family room. Simple. Classic.

There is much work to do to get my shelves looking half this good. Stay tuned!

Until next time...xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment