Voting

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

N is for Nook! Breakfast Nook!

Since we bought our house, I always knew our kitchen was screaming for a breakfast nook.   Our current table did not sit in the dining space proportionally.  The husband whipped out his building skills and built me something great!  

We only have the benches built.  I am looking to buy pedestal table base so we can do our own table top (longer and more narrow than most tables).   It will be perfect when done, but now it is truly a work in progress!!!

My husband does not plan out projects.  I basically provide a photo of what I want and he goes to town.  I have learned that the process is not good for me.  It is kind of like sausages being made!  But, the final product is always pleasing!

Here are some great banquette/breakfast nook photos that served as some of my inspiration!















This is the photo I found somewhere online that served as my "it" photo!  My honey was ordered to copy it (with a few adjustments!)



This is my benches built.   We need to paint, make a table and get some pillows!  I will share when done, but here is the teaser of what I have now.  I am pretty excited about it!



Well, as you can see I have a lot of work to do in my kitchen to finish it off!  Stay tuned!!!
Until next time.....xoxo

2 comments: