Voting

Monday, November 29, 2010

B is for Built-Ins!

I am obsessed with built-in anything.    You might have sensed this having seen my breakfast nook and entryway bench.  We live in an old house with great molding and details and I think built-ins just look like the belong and they use space ooh so well!

I have saved zillions of photos of built-in everything and thought I would share some of my favorites.   Sorry I don't have photo credits for most of these photos. 

Built In Window Seat from Decorpad
Photo Unknown.  Love how this uses "wasted" space so well!
Love a bench, love the storage... love it!
Daybed equals guest sleeping space.  Charming and cozy!  
Hello... lover!  Space for everyones coats, shoes and things!
I hope/plan to do this in our baby's room down the line.
Storage is key in an old house!  
Books, books, toys, toys, whatever!  
Again- love how this is perfect for this space!
Custom is what makes built-ins so great.
Another "inspiration" photo for baby's room.
STORAGE!  STORAGE!  STORAGE!
Charming, two-toned... cute!  

I don't know what I would have done had my husband not turned out so "handy".  Some of this built-in stuff requires that he worked on being a bit more of an "expert" before we get cracking.  But, boy .... do I love me some built-ins.  I have a few projects in mind... surprised?  Probably not!  












No comments:

Post a Comment