Voting

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

B is for Birchbox...July!

My July Birchbox arrived.  I will say after last months- it is kind of a let down!   This months box was curated by Cynthia Rowley  and had a cute new "outfit to prove it.

I got 5 items.... here they are!



1.  AHAVA Mineral Hand Cream (.58 ounces)  Full size lotion (3.4 oz) sells for $20.  Value of Birchbox sample  $3.41.

2.  Philosopy Purity Made Simple Facial Cleanser (1 oz)  Full sized product  (8 0z) sells for $20.  Value of Birchbox sample  $2.50.

3.  Redken Shine Flash Spray (2.1 oz)  Full sized spray (4.4 oz) sells  for $17.  Value of Birchbox sample $8.12.

4.  Zoya Nail Polish (.25 oz)  Full sized polish (.5 oz) sells for $8.   Value of Birchbox sample $4.00.

5.  Extra Kind Almond & Apricot Bar (aka biggest disappointment in the box) (1.4 oz bar).  12 bars sell at Amazon for $16.24.  Value of Birchbox Bar $1.35.

Total Value is $19.38.  Yes, it is still worth the $10 subscription- but hoping August will be more like June! :)  The highlight... Purity in a Bottle... I own it and use it every morning, so it will be nice to have a sample size for travel refills. The lowpoint..... the "granola bar".  Seriously?

My friend SH (also a Birch Box subscriber) got all the same items as me but got a skin oil.  I am still REALLY REALLY curious about how they pick what products go to what person and how many different options there are.  Hmmm.....




Well, until next time...xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I also get curious as to what others get in their box. I just started Birchbox 2 months ago and I've received different items than the majority of people both months. I just search "(month) Birchbox" on blogs every month and peek in to see what others got. I would have liked to have received the Zoya nail polish. Here's mine in case you're interested: http://januarybaby21.blogspot.com/2011/07/july-birchbox.html

    ReplyDelete