My July Birchbox arrived. I will say after last months- it is kind of a let down! This months box was curated by Cynthia Rowley and had a cute new "outfit to prove it.
I got 5 items.... here they are!
1. AHAVA Mineral Hand Cream (.58 ounces) Full size lotion (3.4 oz) sells for $20. Value of Birchbox sample $3.41.
2. Philosopy Purity Made Simple Facial Cleanser (1 oz) Full sized product (8 0z) sells for $20. Value of Birchbox sample $2.50.
3. Redken Shine Flash Spray (2.1 oz) Full sized spray (4.4 oz) sells for $17. Value of Birchbox sample $8.12.
4. Zoya Nail Polish (.25 oz) Full sized polish (.5 oz) sells for $8. Value of Birchbox sample $4.00.
5. Extra Kind Almond & Apricot Bar (aka biggest disappointment in the box) (1.4 oz bar). 12 bars sell at Amazon for $16.24. Value of Birchbox Bar $1.35.
Total Value is $19.38. Yes, it is still worth the $10 subscription- but hoping August will be more like June! :) The highlight... Purity in a Bottle... I own it and use it every morning, so it will be nice to have a sample size for travel refills. The lowpoint..... the "granola bar". Seriously?
My friend SH (also a Birch Box subscriber) got all the same items as me but got a skin oil. I am still REALLY REALLY curious about how they pick what products go to what person and how many different options there are. Hmmm.....