Voting

Monday, July 25, 2011

M.M.... Meatless Monday!

I have not cooked much in the past week- so I don't have a recipe for a full meatless meal.  But, I do have a yummy side dish for almost any meal.   I LOVE LOVE LOVE summer in New England largely because it is farmers market season.  I love to buy things that I have never seen before.  

Recently I was examining pea tendrils at my local Saturday Farmer's Market.  The guy ripped me off a few stems and told me to taste them.  They were delicious.  It is a green with a subtle taste of pea .... which makes sense since pea tendrils are the plants that peas grow on.  

I threw pea tendrils in my salads all week, but we still had a ton.  So, I googled for a recipe and found one for sauteed pea tendrils.  I made it with some fish.....lots of subtle flavor.  Cooked up the pea tendrils were reminiscent (in look) to spinach.  

Check out the recipe!


  • 1 tablespoon canola oil
  • 2 small garlic cloves, smashed
  • 12 ounces fresh pea tendrils
  • 1/2 cup low-salt chicken broth

Heat oil in heavy large skillet over high heat. Add garlic and sauté until beginning to brown, about 2 minutes. Remove garlic. Add tendrils; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add chicken broth and sauté until greens are slightly wilted and heated through, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately.


I love a good Farmer's Market Find!  Go ahead... try something new!  Until next time...xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment