Voting

Monday, November 28, 2011

M.M.... Meatless Monday!

Okay, usually I cook my "Meatless Monday" recipes on Sunday to ensure they are quality before I recommend to you my dear readers!  This week I am dishing it up untested.  The husband and I had the stomach flu all weekend and our sunday night meal was buttered noodles.  That was about all we could handle.  But, we will be having this for dinner tonight!    This recipe is similar to one that an old friend served to me which is why it caught my attention.  


I have adjusted the recipe based on some reviewers feedback.  Reviews are my favorite part of finding recipes online... someone else has always made edits that benefit the rest of us! :)  The reviews here said cut back the brie.  It recommends 8 ounces- but I cut back to 6 ounces (based on feedback).    This recipe is meatless and easy!


Ingredients

  • 8 ounces spaghetti
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 bunch broccoli (about 1 1/4 pounds), cut into 1/2-inch flowerets,;reserving stems for another use
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 6 ounces Brie, rind discarded, cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped coarse


Preparation

In a 6-quart kettle bring 5 quarts salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook until al dente. Reserve 1/3 cup cooking liquid and drain pasta in a colander. Return pasta to kettle with reserved liquid.
While pasta is cooking, in a large heavy skillet heat oil over moderate heat until hot but not smoking and cook broccoli with salt to taste, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until golden, about 30 seconds.
To pasta add broccoli mixture, Brie, and walnuts, tossing until cheese is just melted, and season with salt and pepper.

I will let you know what I thought of this recipe tomorrow.  Give it a shot!  Until next time...xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment