Voting

Monday, December 5, 2011

M.M.... Meatless Monday!

Okay... sorry for only one post last week.  It was a doozey! :)  I have a yummy meatless Monday recipe for you today.  It involved me pulling out my crockpot.  I would rarely think to use my crockpot for a vegetarian meal, but recently a friend was saying she made a delish curry, so it got me thinking!

I made vegetarian curry.  It was hearty and flavorful!  I got it off one of my favorite blogs called A Year of Slow Cooking.  I have a slight love affair with my crockpot... although I am not as die hard as the woman who writes that blog.

I served the curry over rice.  Next time I will pick up some pita bread or Naan too!  The husband enjoyed the meal... I think I am converting him! :)

Here it goes:

Ingredients
2 cans drained and rinsed garbanzo beans (chick peas)

--1 diced red pepper
--1/2 cup chopped onion (this is my addition, I think curry should have onion!)
--4 tiny potatoes, or 1 regular-sized
--1/2 cup diced carrots
--1/2 cup diced celery
--3 cloves smashed and chopped garlic
--2 T (yes, tablespoons!) curry
--1/2 t ground coriander
--1/4 t red (cayenne) pepper--not pictured
--1 lg can tomatoes (and juice)
--2 cups vegetable broth
--3/4 cup plain yogurt
--1 cup frozen peas (to add later)


The Directions.

--add drain and rinsed garbanzo beans to your crockpot
--cover with diced vegetables (if you have other stuff in the house that you want to use, go for it. I don't think the actual kind of vegetables matters)
--add spices
--dump in tomatoes, yogurt and broth
--stir to mix flavors

cook on low for 8-10 hours, or longer.

20 minutes before serving, stir in the frozen peas. Turn to high.


Serve over hot basmati rice and use brown rice tortillas or corn tortillas to scoop up.


Great meal... it make a lot so I will be eating it for lunch for days.  Go crockpot and go meatless!  Until next time...xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment