Speaking of the husband, I am married to Mr. Cheapo.... so I was on a tight budget. I perused Craigslist for months but nothing panned out. One day I stumbled across a bench at a flea market that was $20 bucks. Although it was not exactly what I was looking for .... I decided for $20 I would give it a chance.
It had ugly tapestry cushions and was a yucky brown stain when I bought it. I painted it black and recovered cushions in a cream matelasse material that coordinates with our coverlet. For $20 plus two cans of spray paint and $7 bucks worth of fabric... I am pretty happy with it!
Before

After

I love a good flea market find! Until next time....xoxo
I love your bench, what a great find. You did an amzing job on it!
ReplyDeleteIt looks great, love it!
ReplyDeletegreat job! I am looking for a bench like that for my hallway too
ReplyDeleteNice job - what an improvement from the before!
ReplyDeleteGreat find, I've been looking for a good bench forever! Awesome
ReplyDeleteYou should be very happy with it. What a classic piece and no one could complain about the price. It looks like something from Pottery Barn. Hope you'll have time to stop by and take our quick tour of the Architectural Digest Home Design show with furniture plus. -- Jane F.
ReplyDeleteIt's a beautiful bench now. Gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteVery impressive makeover! I love the black with the cream fabric inserts. That's not something that you'll grow tired of.
ReplyDeleteThat turned out FABULOUSly! Looks awesome!
ReplyDeleteyour bench turned out fabulous. I love the black, great job.
ReplyDeleteThe bench looks great . I really love that space.
ReplyDelete-Rene
Oh! I think this looks really fantastic!
ReplyDeleteOh so jealous! It's beautiful! Great job! Thanks for sharing in the DIY Project Parade! :)
ReplyDeleteRoeshel