Voting

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

H is for healthy eating!

Okay, following along in my New Year's Resolution to shape up. I have been eating healthier..... we will see how long this last! For dinner the other night I kept it casual and made chicken salad sandwiches from a recipe I found online at cookinglight.com. (Photo from Cooking Light too.) Even the husband who usually barks at low calorie or whole grain foods loved this meal!

The curry was key... it added a ton of flavor! I am hoping to start making this on Sunday now for lunches on Monday and Tuesday! My weakness is buying lunch at work- something I used to never do and now I always do! This recipe could make me stop that bad habit!


Check out this Curry Chicken Salad recipe for yourself. It is awesome!

Ingredients

  • 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
  • 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
  • 1/4 teaspoon curry powder (I actually increased the curry to almost 1 teaspoon.)
  • 2 cups chopped roasted skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 2 breasts)
  • 1/3 cup chopped celery
  • 2 tablespoons chopped dry-roasted cashews
  • 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onions
  • 2 (2-ounce) whole wheat hamburger buns

Preparation

Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring until well blended. Add chicken, celery, cashews, and green onions; stir well. Serve chicken salad on buns.

Nutritional Information

Calories:
353 (26% from fat)
Fat:
10.3g (sat 2.6g,mono 1.5g,poly 1.8g)
Protein:
31.6g
Carbohydrate:
35.8g
Fiber:
4.8g
Cholesterol:
69mg
Iron:
1.8mg
Sodium:
925mg
Calcium:
115mg


Yumm Yumm... Make yourself some! Until Next Time....xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment