Voting

Monday, February 15, 2010

M.... More Cooking in the Crockpot!


Okay... if you have read this blog much you will soon realize that I am not a culinary genius. I do the best I can, but I am not "gifted" in that area. I definitely don't have the skills that my friends "V"and "S"! Both have mad skills in the kitchen and have had me over for several AMAZING meals! If you have the day off today like I do.... it is a perfect crockpot day!

One of the reasons I love crockpot cooking is because I suck at timing everything when cooking. This s ironic becuase I am a total planner. But, no matter what I do the meat is ready but the vegetables are not or the potatoes are cold by the time I get everything else out. One way I avoid this timing stress is via the crockpot. It is easy, requires work up front but then it is just done! It also always ends up looking like a more accomplished meal than it really is. One of the favorites of the hubby and I is our creamy pot roast. We cooked this for my mom's birthday. We have cooked it for most of our meat eating friends too. It never disappoints! The leftovers (which are rare) are also tasty.... says even my husband who generally does not eat leftovers!

I have tried a variety of pot roast recipes, but this is definitely the best one! The sour cream at the end makes it really creamy and flavorful!

Try it for yourself!

CREAMY POT ROAST

creamy pot roast with sour cream, cooked in the crockpot.

Ingredients:

  • 1 boneless roast (rump, chuck, or other pot roast cut)

  • salt and pepper (part seasoned salt, if desired)

  • garlic powder

  • 4 or more medium potatoes, peeled and diced

  • 16 ounces baby carrots

  • 1 large onion, cut in large pieces

  • 2 cans cream of celery soup

  • 1/2 cup sour cream

  • 1/2 cup milk

Preparation:

Place roast in bottom of crock pot; sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.. Add potatoes, carrots, and onions. Pour both cans of soup over onion layer. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours. Combine sour cream and milk; stir into the juices and continue cooking for 20 minutes, until heated through.
Serves 4 to 6, depending on size of roast.
Eat it up! Until next time....xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment