Voting

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A is for Accomplished! Tin Tile Backsplash Revealed...

Okay, as I said we are eager to really finish the kitchen makeover.  We have had a few things left on the "to do" list, but just checked one more off the list!

Although I had envisioned subway tiles for our backsplash, I recently began rethinking that.  Because of time, effort and cost.... I had begun to think maybe a tin tile backsplash was a better option.  It would certainly be much quicker and much easier than having to figure out how to tile, buy tile saw, etc.  Our bathroom tile job still has a few "imperfections" and I like perfection!    So, we just went for it!  Well, I will give credit where credit is due.  The husband did it.... I was napping!

We have a Royal Barry Wills colonial, so I figured the tin tile worked with the style/vintage of the house and thought what the hell.  Since you just glue up the tiles, it is fairly non-committal, so if I want to tile a few years from now I can just rip down the tin and hire me a professional tiler.   Also, it was very affordable.  Our kitchen is not huge, so we did the entire backsplash for around $100.  The husband completed the whole thing in around two hours.  I have to say I really love it.  I think I love it more than I would have the subway tiles.  It adds nice contract to the newly painted cabinets and just kind of looks expensive!
Here is the big reveal!




 
What is left to do in the kitchen?  I still need to repaint window trim brigher white.  I need to find or make pillows for the banquette benches.  I want to make some window treatments.  And, most importantly we need to find or make a pedestal or trestle table.  What good is a breakfast nook without a table!  Stay tuned!

Until next time....xoxo

3 comments:

  1. I love your backsplash. The kitchen is looking great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you buy the tile?

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I re-did my kitchen I used the tin tile also.Everyone loves it!!! mineis a copper color and goes grea with my cherry cabinets.wish I could show you a picture.I have had it for 4 years now

    ReplyDelete