Voting

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

S is for Swedish!

I love Swedish design.  Every year when I got to Brimfield I stop at one vendor who sells amazing (but very expensive) Swedish furniture.  (See photo from left)  The many shades of grey, blue and cream always make my heart go pitter patter!

Want to know more of what Swedish Design involves.  Check out the definition on About.com.  In short, Sweden has dark depressing winters so they strive to make interiors bright, light and cheerful!    Swedish design is based on using the colors cream, soft yellow, tan, grey, soft greens, muted blues and some splashes of gold on everything (furniture, accessories, floors, fabrics and more).   It is simple but with European flair.

Check out these Swedish Design Inspiration Photos!  




Image via Cote De Texas












Now, with a messy husband and baby on the way... Swedish design is not in my immediate future.  But, oooh how I wish it were.  So pretty, so clean, so light and airy!  Oooh la la!  Until next time...xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment