So, yesterday I shared a teaser on our most recent DIY project. It is a makeover of our entry way which includes updating/gutting our pantry. My goal was to have a better space to store our food, snacks, etc, also to have storage for shoes, mittens, coats etc. and make our entry more attractive and useful.
It took a few weeks to get this project finished, but here are the after photos!
 |
New shelves (organized by category), access to recycling and dog food (bottom).
I still need to paint inside of the pantry door and have hopes of putting rack or magnet plate for spices.
|
 |
Benches complete! We cut down the pantry door to fit new space.
Eventually I want to get a new doorknob and add some molding to the door to make it nicer looking. I also have hopes of adding some more hooks for coats and spacing them out a bit. |
What do you think? I love it. There are a few additional updates that I might add down the line, but done for now! It is great to look at something attractive when you come in the door rather than a messy pile of stuff. The added plus is that I have a beautiful pantry that is well organized and I can find stuff. Until next time...xoxo
PS: Check out the
DIY Show Off! I entered my bench there!!!
Courtney, this looks great! I love how you thought outside the box to cut down the door in order to have the bench there. Smart. Setting up our pantry is on my to-do list. Guess I'll get on it now 'cause company's comin'!
ReplyDeleteAnd that husband of yours, I never knew what a handy man he was. Memere always said we have to watch out for those quiet ones. They'll either shock us or amaze us. Your quiet man just amazes. :)