Voting

Monday, February 7, 2011

I is for Idea....

So, I have been spending a TON of time in our family room.  Never short of creative ideas (that cost money and sweat equity)... I came up with something I want to do in our family room!   It is a HUGE room with cathedral ceilings as it used to be a two car garage.  It is the ultimate entertainment room and houses my husbands GINORMOUS flat screen.  As I sat in those room I decided it was screaming for a wall of built-ins.  As I have mentioned before,  I am kind of obsessed with anything "built-in".  We have created several built-ins including our breakfast nook and entryway benches.  My idea would be the "ultimate" built in as it would be quite large and would require some new skills on the husbands part.  Although... he is quite handy for a finance guy!  As the husband and I talked, below is the "plan" we came up with.   My analytical husband drew it to scale... of course!   It includes housing the TV, a desk area, lighting and of course, lots of storage and display space!



Here are some images that got my creative juices flowing as I looked around for ideas!  



We cannot get this project started for a while.  With a newborn in the house and the large scale of this, we need to wait until it is nice enough for the husband to work outside.  I am oooh so excited though.  I have been missing having a "project" to think about.  I am sure I will come up with a few more before I go back to work!  Rest up husband.... rest up! :)  Until next time...xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I love built-ins, so I think this is a GREAT idea! :)

    ReplyDelete